24 May 2005

Perspectives

My family and I went to a baccalaureate service at the local high school this past Sunday night. My wife and I have been to lots of graduation ceremonies and such the past several years because I was teaching the 11th and 12th grade in Bible Study. This was different because the girls went with us this time.

My oldest is 17 and will graduate next year. My baby is growing up (can you see the tear stains on the screen????) As the soon to be graduates pictures (baby, pre-teen, and recent) were shown on a slide show, I wondered where their lives would lead. Some have great potential academically, others as leaders in their own right - business, family, community, etc. Thought back to when I was their age - have I lived up to my potential since then? Don't know how to answer that question - have I lived up to my potential today, or am I just getting by with what I get by with.........

2 comments:

Marty Duren said...

You blink and they're gone, so hold tight to your wife.

RMc said...

It's amazing how fast they grow up - I don't get any older, but they do!!! My wife and I started spending time along away from the girls 4 or 5 years ago. It helps our relationship and the girls can definitely tell the difference when we do.