15 June 2005

Back to Work......

Ever have one of those "Vacations" that really wasn't a vacation? Spent some time at my mother-in-law's house, doing some things that she really couldn't do since she is still recovering from a broken leg. She's doing a lot better though.

Dropped Shemiah off, met some of the people she will be working with this summer, drank a bit of coffee (had some crunchies in the bottom of the cup.... still chewing on it too...) and listened to the Lords Prayer in Cajun. Cajuns must be an interesting bunch, cuz the ones I saw were scary..... not really - a lot of fun. Miah should enjoy her summer.

Got back (after having to fix the Suburban in a parking lot in Albuquerque) and for the last 2 days I've been running around like a head with it's chicken cut off. Trying to figure out which direction to go next.

My lovely bride (who many people think looks like Julia Roberts - just ask the lady who said so in Blakes in Rio Rancho) said that she was going to clean my office this morning. She did that - and rearranged it too! Looks better now - and would look even better if I'd let her at my desk. But she really doesn't understand my filing system (she calls it my piling system).

Anyway, we are home now, and Sunday is coming again. Lots of things to do, not enough time (or I'd like to think that time would help.....). Guess I'd better quit griping or just get some cheese to go with it!

God is good, and He gives us challenges to prove it!

2 comments:

Marty Duren said...

Hey Dude,
Are you making it to the SBC?

RMc said...

Not this year Marty. Kinda wish I was though. Y'all will just have to carry on without me. Have a couple of ribs for me though.